OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?
Author Message
 OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

I know about SysPutEA() and SysGetEA(), but I can't figure out how they
work. Where do I find the names of the "built-in" EA's, and how do I name
arbitrary ones (I need to store a multistate variable, like a 4-state
toggle that the program needs to examine before acting).

Also, is the name of the current icon stored in EA, or is it just its
actual bitmap, or something else?

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc              Know what's weird? Day by day nothing seems to

                    http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~pcj1/

Sat, 05 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

 PJ> Where do I find the names of the "built-in" EA's, and how do I
 PJ> name arbitrary ones

In the "Control Program Guide and Reference". Product numbers :

  G25H-7101 Control Program Programming Guide
  G25H-7102 Control Program Programming Reference

Both can be read on-line, AFAIK. Go to an IBM Homepage (the one for
your country, for example). You must look for something like books,
information, etc. About 3 or 4 pages away, you can search. Enter
the product number there, and you can choose between ordering
the book (1 found product). Obviously, you need the other
found product, which allows you to read it on-line. You
need the "Extended Attributes" chapter.

 PJ> Also, is the name of the current icon stored in EA, or is it
 PJ> just its actual bitmap, or something else?

The icon itself is stored in the EA's.

Ave,

Andre Doff

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

Quote:

> In the "Control Program Guide and Reference". Product numbers :

>   G25H-7101 Control Program Programming Guide
>   G25H-7102 Control Program Programming Reference

> Both can be read on-line, AFAIK.

They seem to be in areas protected by passwords:
http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/techspt.htm or
http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/warppubs.html

Pierre

--
Pierre Jelenc              Know what's weird? Day by day nothing seems to

                   http://www.columbia.edu/~pcj1/

Sun, 06 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

 PJ>AD> G25H-7101 Control Program Programming Guide
 PJ>AD> G25H-7102 Control Program Programming Reference

 PJ>AD> Both can be read on-line, AFAIK.

 PJ> They seem to be in areas protected by passwords:
 PJ> http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/techspt.htm or
 PJ> http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/warppubs.html

Wrong place, I guess. Sorry, but I cannot give you an URL now
since both my WebBrowsers don't work due to the failed install
of an utility, without a working uninstall... ;-/

The place to be is the IBM WWW site for your country. There, you
can order books and stuff like that. If you search with both the
given products numbers, you'll see 2 products :

 - one, which actually is ordering the book or documentation

 - the other one, which let you read the book on-line, without
   passwords required

Obviously, the 'other one' is what you're looking for. I think you
have to go to http://www.ibm.com, select your country and look
there for 'ordering documentation'. It isn't hard to find, about
3 or 4 pages away. There, use the Search for a Publication or
alike to find it.

http://www.developer.ibm.com isn't the IBM site for your country,
so that's not the place to be for this.

Ave,

Andre Doff

Mon, 07 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

Quote:

> > In the "Control Program Guide and Reference". Product numbers :

> >   G25H-7101 Control Program Programming Guide
> >   G25H-7102 Control Program Programming Reference

> > Both can be read on-line, AFAIK.

> They seem to be in areas protected by passwords:
> http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/techspt.htm or
> http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/warppubs.html

> Pierre

> --
> Pierre Jelenc              Know what's weird? Day by day nothing seems to

>                    http://www.columbia.edu/~pcj1/

     Go to the following page and you can register(for free) to access
the pages:
          http://www.developer.ibm.com/pid_os2/warppubs.html

Thu, 10 Jun 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. get OS/2 extended attributes with REXX

2. get OS/2 extended attributes with REXX

3. Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.

4. OS/2 Extended Attributes

5. OS/2 Extended Attributes

6. RxPstat in Ydbautil (Extended REXX funcions for OS/2)

7. extending VED's change character attribute facilities

8. Extended attributes and the Setboot command

9. Extended Attributes ".NAME?"

10. Extended Attribute Information?

11. Extended Attributes, Program ID's

12. Extended attribute blocks