Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.
Author Message
 Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.

Hi,

I am using OS/2 Warp 4 and trying to set Extended Attributes for a
file using REXX. Reviewing the online INF file the command I need is
SysPutEA().

The example given in the INF file is all well and good, but I would
like fuller explanation of what the parameters are and how they are
determined. The main concern in the example is a combination of hex
ORed with the length of the extended attribute and more.

Help or further pointers to documentation on SysPutEA() and other
functions would be appreciated.

Regards
  John

Cobham Park, Downside Road                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Cobham, Surrey, KT11 3LG, UK
# DISCLAIMER:
# All opinions expressed are solely those of the author and not Logica

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.

In the OS/2 programming guide you will find the complete discription of
the EA structures. There are several different types of EAs with
definitive purposes, REXX implements only one of the several types.
There are several APIs which support the quering of, getting the names
of, getting the size of, and actually retrieving the EAs, defined in the
OS/2 Control Program Ref. The REXX implementation does not show the
complexities of EAs. However, from REXX you can exploit several of the
predefind EA names as well as add your own.

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Extended Attributes for files under OS/2.

Quote:
>Hi,

>I am using OS/2 Warp 4 and trying to set Extended Attributes for a
>file using REXX. Reviewing the online INF file the command I need is
>SysPutEA().

>The example given in the INF file is all well and good, but I would
>like fuller explanation of what the parameters are and how they are
>determined. The main concern in the example is a combination of hex
>ORed with the length of the extended attribute and more.

>Help or further pointers to documentation on SysPutEA() and other
>functions would be appreciated.

I put some up at:

http://www.fortunecity.com/skyscraper/tyrell/121/index.html

--
Show me a cultural relativist at thirty-thousand feet
and I'll show you a hypocrite  -- Richard Dawkins

http://www.users.cts.com/crash/e/edantes

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. get OS/2 extended attributes with REXX

2. get OS/2 extended attributes with REXX

3. OS/2 Extended Attributes

4. OS/2 Extended Attributes in Rexx?

5. OS/2 Extended Attributes

6. Setting file attributes and Copying files

7. Setting file attributes on file creation from ZipFiles (solved)

8. Setting file attributes on file creation.

9. How do I set a text file's attributes to read-only

10. Setting file attributes in ADA 95

11. Setting file attributes on windows.

12. How to set file date and time in OS/2