OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX -Reply
Author Message
 OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX -Reply

Second that, you can actually tell which IBM TSO commands still
use TPUT, they're the ones you can't OUTTRAP. Or change the
assembler to a REXX external function that writes the output to
REXX stem variables using the IREXCOM program. But the
assembler would still need changing.
If the assembler is TPUT'ing to a DDNAME is the only way I can
think of to get around this. I seem to remember that if a program
was doing TPUT's to DDOUT, you could do a...
ALLOC FI(DDOUT) DS(*) SHR REUS
or allocate to a dataset to get the output. Not sure most
programs that TPUT do this but might work.
                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX -Reply

Bill,
         Sorry, think I replied just to you on last and was wrong
anyhow. Just checked TPUT macro and DD isn't an option. Must
of been thinking of a program that used standard QSAM for
terminal I/O.
                                  Mike Hall
                        Please Note
The information in this E-mail message is legally privileged
and confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual(s) named above. If you, the reader of this message,
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you should not further disseminate, distribute, or forward this
E-mail message. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender. Thank you

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX

2. OUTTRAPping the TPUT output in REXX

3. Passing REXX stems to external REXX functions -Reply

4. ??? Redirecting output to an MLE (VX-REXX or VisPro REXX)

5. Missing Output -Reply

6. SUMMARY of Fortran Binary Standard Output replies

7. TPUT macro - help!

8. IBM REXX reference reply.

9. Learning REXX -Reply

10. Looking for a TSO REXX -Reply

11. REXX help needed on automatic reboot of OS2 server -Reply

12. REXX & E.A.Poe -Reply