Parsing something
Author Message
 Parsing something

Quote:

>Links is a browser and starts then filename which is a html file. But Links
>always starts in plain mode, and to get it in html mode i have to give in a
>backslash from the keyboard. How can i perform this with the script?

This isn't a Rexx question - it's a links question, so you might want to
find a user group for links...

After a brief perusal of the doc I can't find a way to do this in
links.  However, I might suggest "lynx", which is a much more mature
and full-featured text-mode browser.  Lynx has a command-line flag
"-force-html" which does what you want.

Alternatively, make sure the name of the file always ends in ".html".
--

------ http://www.*-*-*.com/

New to this group?  Answers to frequently-asked questions can be had from
http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 07:24:19 GMT
 Parsing something
 >> to get it in html mode i have to give in a backslash from
 >> the keyboard. How can i perform this with the script?

 > This isn't a Rexx question - it's a links question, so you
 > might want to find a user group for links...

I can think of 2 ways to do this in a REXX applciation, not
knowing if it's somehow usable IRL:

   ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/os2_ews/apmtst.txt
   ftp://ftp.pc.ibm.com/pub/pccbbs/os2_ews/apmtst.zip

   CALL CharOut 'BS.TXT','\'
   CALL CharOut 'BS.TXT'

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:06:15 GMT
 Parsing something
 > to get it in html mode i have to give in a backslash from the
 > keyboard. How can i perform this with the script?

I guess it would be a script if REXX is the embedded macro language
of Links. If not, you have the same controls as you would have in a
regular batch file (a 3rd party utility like APMT, or STDIN (if the
application supports that), or you can use the commandline-switches
of Links (if available; I don't know the browser Links)).

Sat, 02 Apr 2005 20:13:40 GMT

1. LOGO-L> Do something after something else

2. (something) /= something ?

3. Something I just realized about Smalltalk

4. S-Plus, Origin or something else ? TRY J.

5. Something like Timer Control in VB

6. Something strange about array comparison

7. Surprise her with something original! Coupon #159090

8. STOP SCREAMING & Do Something

9. did you ever see something like this ? 9645

10. Something else for a change / Parallel Computer for APL - in case you didn't know

11. Use your hardware for something else 3925

12. something isNil ifTrue: [] ifFalse: []