RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1
Author Message
 RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1

I'm please to announce the first official release of StandaloneZODB,
the python object persistency system also known as the Z Object
Database.  ZODB is the object-oriented database underlying Zope; the
StandaloneZODB project's goal is to provide those same facilities to
non-Zope related Python applications.

Today we are releasing StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1.  We
expect to release the final version on 1-Feb-2002.

StandaloneZODB is based on the same code as the ZODB in Zope, albeit
on a separate release branch.  Its inspiration comes from Andrew
Kuchling's StandaloneZODB project on SourceForge.  While there are
still some differences, the Standalone 1.0 release is the first on the
path toward convergence.  Subsequent releases should complete the
merge of Andrew's and Zope Corporation's packages.

The StandaloneZODB release includes the following components:

    - Core ZODB, including the persistence machinery
    - Standard storages such as FileStorage
    - Supporting modules such as ExtensionClass
    - The persistent BTrees modules
    - ZEO
    - Experimental Berkeley storages
    - Some documentation <wink>

See the README file for details on building and installing
StandaloneZODB.  For details on using ZODB, see Andrew's included user
guide.

StandaloneZODB 1.0c1 is released under the ZPL 2.0.  It should be
compatible with all Python versions from Python 2.1 to Python 2.2.  It
may or may not work with versions earlier than Python 2.1.

Download StandaloneZODB-1.0c1.tgz from:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

and visit the StandaloneZODB Wiki page at:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

See also:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

for more information about our long-range ZODB plans.

Enjoy,
-Barry

Barry A. Warsaw
Zope Corporation, Pythonlabs

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 04:25:25 GMT

1. RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 release candidate 1

2. RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 final

3. RELEASED - StandaloneZODB 1.0 final

4. ANN: Twisted 0.99.3 - release candidate for Twisted 1.0 Developer Platform

5. ANN: Open Watcom F77 / C / C++ 1.0 release candidate 1

6. ANN: Twisted 0.99.3 - release candidate for Twisted 1.0 Developer Platform

7. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

8. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

9. New Dolphin 5.1 Release Candidate

10. Dolphin 5.1 Release Candidate

11. SUnitBrowser 3.1.5 Release Candidate 3 for Dolphin Available

12. SUnitBrowser 3.1.5 Release Candidate 1 for Dolphin Update Available