ANN: Logging Module for Python conforming to PEP 282, first release
Author Message
 ANN: Logging Module for Python conforming to PEP 282, first release

I've just made available the first release of a logging module for
Python. It broadly conforms to PEP 282(see
http://www.*-*-*.com/
still a work in progress).

The distribution contains simple examples such as logging to console,
file and streaming sockets. The simplest example might be

# -- app.py ---------------------
import logging

logging.info("Starting...")
logging.warn("Nothing to do!")
logging.info("Done...")
# -- end ------------------------
and logging levels DEBUG, INFO, WARN, ERROR, and FATAL are supported.
Handling of exception information (tracebacks) is supported. Plus a
whole lot more! Levels, Loggers, Handlers, Formatters, Filters...

The documentation can be found at

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Development status is pre-alpha but it has been tried out (I won't say
"tested" :-)) on 1.5.2 and 2.1.1, Windows platforms.

I'm dying to get feedback so please try it out! You can email me via
the link on the documentation page, or give feedback via comp.lang.py
if you deem it appropriate.

Thanks & Regards

Vinay Sajip
Red Dove Consultants Ltd.

Tue, 31 Aug 2004 10:56:10 GMT

1. ANN: Logging Module for Python conforming to PEP 282, first release

2. PEP 282: A Logging System

3. PEP 282: A Logging System -- comments please

4. PEP 282: A Logging System -- comments please

5. PEP 282: A Logging System -- comments please

6. PEP 282: A Logging System -- comments please

7. ANN: Logging Module v0.4.6 released

8. ANN: Logging Module v0.4.5 released

9. ANN: Logging Module v0.4.4 released

10. ANN: Logging Module v0.4.3 released