New FAQ Wizard: "Python Cookbook"
Author Message
 New FAQ Wizard: "Python Cookbook"

In the recent "Documentation wishlist" thread, someone suggested a
python cookbook which showed how to perform various common tasks using
Python.

This seems like a natural fit for a FAQwizard, so I've set one up at
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;There's no
password, so anyone can submit entries.  If you see a helpful
explanation on a mailing list or newsgroup, that answers some question
beginning "How do I...", or spend some time figuring out a task,
please consider adding it to the corresponding section of the
cookbook.  Currently the sections are:

     1. General Tasks
     2. Data Structures
     3. Input/Output
     4. Text Processing
     5. Web-related tasks
     6. Tkinter
     7. PythonWin
     8. JPython
     9. Extending and Embedding

(Feel free to suggest further sections.)  Periodically, I'll take all
the entries and edit them into a{*filter*}document that will allow
fancier formatting, and provide a PDF version of the document.

==
A.M. Kuchling                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
The man gave a shrug which indicated that, although the world did indeed have
many problems, this was one of them that was not his.
    -- Terry Pratchett, _Soul Music_

--
-------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) --------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Love "Python Cookbook"

2. string.join(["Tk 4.2p2", "Python 1.4", "Win32", "free"], "for")

3. ANNOUNCE: new "plus"- and "dash"-patches available for Tcl7.5a2/Tk4.1a2

4. VAST Manual Like VW "Cookbook".

5. Compiling "cookbook" for windows

6. Trouble with "Tcl/Tk Cookbook" example

7. Anyone here of "wizards"

8. Cobol Wizards "Thank You"

9. Ann: New book -- "Practical Python"

10. New "Marketing Python" mailing list

11. New Book: "Python Essential Reference"

12. Ann: New book -- "Practical Python"