Article about Python in Hungary
Author Message
 Article about Python in Hungary

Hi there,

I saw  a discussion about "Is python dying?" on the mailing list some
months ago. That time I decided to write an article about Python in a
paper. Now the article was published in the CHIP Magazine in Hungary
yesterday. The title is The friendly snake.  I made a HTML version of
that < http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~h532851/cikk/index.htm>. It was
written on the  base of the FAQ, interviews, articles about Python
and other languages (Perl, Rebol) and my experience.

The content:
========
Shortly about Python
What language is that?
Installing of Python
Documentation and examples
Learning the language
Writing and running of Python programs
Life of Python
Some interesting developments
Summary

Hungary is not a big country (10 million inhabitants), and
not everybody is a programmer. I put a counter on the main page
< http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~h532851/python.htm> to see the interest.

I hope it helps Python to be known better.

Zsolt

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~h532851/cikk/index.htm">The
Friendly Snake</A> - an article about Python published in the
Hungarian edition of CHIP magazine (in Hungarian).  (23-Jun-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 10 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. : Article about Python in Hungary

2. Silly Articles (Articles or misplaced ones).

3. Python misconceptions in IBM Ruby article...

4. Recent articles on Python

5. Article: Python generators + DOM

6. Article: RSS for Python

7. Article: Proper XML Output in Python

8. Article on using Python generators for XML and DOM processing

9. Web Services and Python articles

10. Article on Python-based Web architecture

11. Article: Using Mix-ins with Python