Python + KDE Tutorial
Author Message
 Python + KDE Tutorial

KDE, a free desktop/application framework for X11 has recently
been extended with python bindings by Phil Thompson.
( http://www.*-*-*.com/ ).

Using these bindings to create an application integrated into
KDE is very easy, but not so easy as not to require some sort
of learning.

I've taken Daniel Marjam?ki's C++ tutorial at

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~a96danma/

as a starting point and translated all the exercises into Python, and
added some commentary about the process. This has resulted in in the
first KDE + Python tutorial, at least as far as I know.

The tutorial is available from my website:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html

I hope that it's useful for others, too. I can be

Boudewijn Rempt

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bsarempt/python/tutorial.html">
Python + KDE Tutorial</A> - A tutorial introducing the development
of KDE applications using Python.  (13-Apr-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python + KDE tutorial

2. Python bindings for Qt & KDE

3. Associate PY files with Python (KDE/Linux)

4. ANNOUNCE: VeePee v0.2 for GNOME and KDE (was Visual Python)

5. ANNOUNCE: Visual Python v0.1 for KDE and GNOME

6. ANNOUNCE: PyQt/PyKDE v0.10 (Python Bindings for Qt and KDE)

7. Python interface to KDE?

8. Status of Qt-Python and KDE

9. ILU + Python tutorial now available

10. Tutorial: Python/XML development using 4Suite Part 4: Composition and updates

11. Russian Python Tutorial

12. Python 101 series of tutorials