New ESMTP mail module available
Author Message
 New ESMTP mail module available

Hi,

I have recently completed the latest version of my ESMTP module for
Python.  This version fully supports pipelining, and it is designed so
that you do not have to worry whether you are connected to a pipelining
SMTP server or not -- you write the same code, the ESMTP module figures
everything out.  It is a very useful module, and I hope many people try
it out and let me know what they think.  For those who don't know,
pipelining is a method to send email more quickly, especially over
high-latency links.  And SMTP is the way that internet mail is sent.
So, this module is used to send internet email efficiently.  It is
distributed under the GPL.

They are available at the following location:

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~drobbins/dm.py -- This is the ESMTP source
http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~drobbins/dm.txt -- This is the tutorial /
documenation for the package.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions/suggestions/bug
reports.

==

Daniel Robbins
System Administrator
University of New Mexico
Department of OB/GYN

--
-------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) --------

python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 24 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Announce: New ESMTP mail module available

2. ESMTP mail module 0.9

3. FREE: Python ESMTP Module by me!

4. MacMarlais v0.5 Available -- New Syntax + Modules Supported

5. New Oracledb module now available

6. New ObjC module available

7. New version of the expect module available

8. New list: ruby-modules - for module developers...

9. bug-fix for NEW_OBJECT module (is now new module)

10. Using smtplib login with esmtp

11. MS-Mail / Internet Mail / CC-Mail

12. Change e-mail / Cambio de e-mail / Changement d'e-mail