TriZPUG May Meeting: ReportLab - PDF made easy
Author Message
 TriZPUG May Meeting: ReportLab - PDF made easy

TriZPUG May Meeting: ReportLab - PDF made easy

The Triangle Zope/Python User Group (TriZPUG) will hold its next meeting on
Wednesday, May 28, at 6:30 p.m. in Raleigh, NC.  We will be meeting in the
DELTA conference room(s) at Venture III, who has kindly permitted us to use
their meeting room, on NCSU's Centennial Campus.  Directions to Venture III
are below.  Ian Sparks will be giving a talk on the ReportLab library.

Hope to see you there!

Title: ReportLab - PDF made easy
================================
Reportlab is a python library for the creation of Adobe Portable Document
Format (PDF) documents.  This talk introduces the foundation of the library:
the canvas object.  We'll start with canvas primitives : drawing, writing
text, importing graphics etc and go on to examine how the canvas exposes
some of PDFs special capabilities.  Finally we'll take a look at PLATYPUS
(Page Layout and Typography Using Scripts), a high-level library built on
the canvas which makes creating complex documents a breeze.

Directions to the TriZPUG Meeting:
==================================
If you need directions to NCSU's Centennial Campus, try the following link
http://www.*-*-*.com/
If you need directions to the Venture III building, follow this link
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , but skip step #3 since the meeting
is after hours.

For more about TriZPUG:

Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:36:32 GMT

1. TriZPUG January Meeting: Current - Exploring a real world program

2. TriZPUG November Meeting: Unit Testing in Python

3. ANN: ReportLab PDF products - demo package

4. reportlab: HTML->PDF via Python?

5. reportlab (pdf creator)

6. ReportLab Release 0.90 - Dynamic PDF from Python

7. ReportLab, PDF and Latin-1 characters

8. XML parsing and ReportLab combination cause extra single quote in PDF

9. making postscript of pdf files (John La Rooy)

10. making postscript of pdf files

11. ReportLab PDF Library v0.92 - print code and presentations to PDF!

12. may be question with an easy answer (?)