List traffic problems
Author Message
 List traffic problems

Many people have noticed that traffic on this list has been
uncharacteristically light for the last few weeks.  We traced the
problem to the news->mail gateway on python.org, however the problem
appeared to be that the news server that python-list gateways /from/
was giving us just a trickle of messages per day.

We've now got word from our ISP that their upstream newsfeed
supposedly "forgot" about us -- they actually have no record that they
were supposed to be giving our ISP a comp.lang.python feed.  Hmm.

In any event they say that our feed should be restored in 24-36
hours.  Whether that means we'll get a flood of back postings or not
isn't clear.  Please keep an eye on the list traffic and see if things
get back to normal over the next several days.  If by next week your
normal deluge of python-list isn't restored, let me know and I'll
re-open the trouble ticket.

-Barry

Mon, 18 Apr 2005 00:57:40 GMT

1. List traffic problems

2. Traffic on mailing list?

3. Any traffic in this group, or feed problems?

4. Serial Traffic generator/ analyzer performance Problem

5. Problems solving a problem with lists

6. Publicity Agents *will* boost your traffic.

7. Increase Traffic...Post Free Links

8. AD: FREE TRAFFIC FOR YOUR WEBSITE

9. Increase Traffic...Post Free Links

10. Increase Traffic...Post Free Links