Python 2.0 final release is out!
Author Message
 Python 2.0 final release is out!

I am happy to announce that python 2.0 is released.  I thank my
colleagues at BeOpen PythonLabs and the many volunteers in the Python
developer community for their incredible work on this release over the
past months.  Please pick up the new release at

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

There you will find a Windows installer, a source tarball, RedHat
RPMs, downloadable and online documentation, and a long list of new
features and fixed bugs.  Among the new features in Python 2.0 are:

  - Augmented assignment, e.g. x += 1
  - List comprehensions, e.g. [x**2 for x in range(10)]
  - Extended import statement, e.g. import Module as Name
  - Extended print statement, e.g. print >> file, "Hello"
  - Collection of cyclical garbage

For a fuller discussion of the changes in Python 2.0 since Python
1.5.2, please see the article "What's New in Python 2.0" by A.M.
Kuchling and Moshe Zadka:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

All major reported bugs have been fixed in this final release.  We've
gone through an extremely thorough set of beta releases followed by a
release candidate, and therefore we expect that this release will be
stable and virtually problem-free.  If you nevertheless run into a
bug, use the SourceForge bug tracker to report it:
http://www.*-*-*.com/

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~guido/)

Fri, 04 Apr 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Python 2.0 final release is out!

2. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

3. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

4. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

5. ANNOUNCE: Tclpp 2.0 final release

6. Building for Win64 (was: Re: [Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.0 release candidate 1)

7. SWIG compatability with Python 2.0 final?

8. Use of Win32all with Python 2.0 final?

9. RELEASED: Python 2.2.2 (final)

10. RELEASED - Python 2.1.2 (final)

11. RELEASED - Python 2.2 final

12. ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release