S.I.A.M. minisymposium on python and scientific simulation
Author Message
 S.I.A.M. minisymposium on python and scientific simulation

Mini-Symposium on Scientific Simulation in python

I am organizing a mini-symposium at the March 27-31
S.I.A.M. Dynamical Systems meeting (Snowbird) on
the subject of use of Python for steering scientific
simulations and for exploration of nonlinear
dynamical systems.  I will present an overview
of the experience at our NSF-ITR center on
use of Python in climate modelling, and have lined
up additional speakers who are in the trenches
on Python and simulation.

I have slots available for up to four additional speakers,
and am interested in hearing from others who are using
Python in scientific simulations.  If you think you might
be interested, please send email describing your

The abstract deadline is Nov. 26, so time is of the essence.

For information on the U. of Chicago Python ITR, see
geosci.uchicago.edu/~rtp1/itr

Regards,

Raymond T. Pierrehumbert
Professor in Geophysical Sciences
The University of Chicago

Sat, 16 Apr 2005 06:38:42 GMT

1. SIAM Mini-Symposium on Python for Scientific Simulation

2. SciPy '03 -- The 2nd Annual Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

3. Scientific Python 2.4

4. SciPy '02 - Python for Scientific Computing Workshop

5. Scientific Python 2.2

6. Books on scientific/numeric programming in Python?

7. Scientific Python for Win32

8. large arrays in python (scientific)

9. Scientific Libraries in Python

10. ANN: SciPy 0.10 -- Scientific Computing with Python

11. MMTK and Scientific python for NT 4.0

12. Scientific plotting calls for Python on Mac??