Pagecast 1.0: submit lists of URLs to search engine spiders
Author Message
 Pagecast 1.0: submit lists of URLs to search engine spiders

Announcing the first release of Pagecast, a tool written in python to
aid in submitting (potentially large) lists of URL's to search engine
spiders such as AltaVista, Hotbot, E{*filter*}, etc.

See http://www.*-*-*.com/

for more information.

Pagecast is distributed under the GNU General Public License.

Summary --

 Pagecast can run from either the command line or as a mail robot.  It
 is easily configured via .conf files.  The basic action is to take a
 line-separated list of URL's from a file, standard input, or the body
 of a mail message and submit these URL's in a multithreaded fashion
 to a variety of Internet search engines.  Essentially, it automates
 the "suggest a site" procedure offered by most search engines.

 Pagecast 1.0 comes pre-configured with 6 popular search engines
 (E{*filter*}, Hotbot, Infoseek, AltaVista, Google, and Lycos.)  It is
 relatively easy to add additional search engines without delving into
 the actual Python code.

 There are some 'advanced' features such as the ability to download
 and scan the URLs for outdated date meta tags or low keyword-to-title
 relevence.  These features could use some refinement.

This software is distributed under the GPL.  I hope someone finds it
useful and perhaps contributes to its further development.  I will
make bug-fix releases as neccesary, however, I am not actively working
on it at the moment having more exciting Python projects in the works.

At any rate, I would love to hear anybody's comments.

Sincerely,

Preston Landers

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>Pagecast
1.0</A> - submit lists of URLs to search engine spiders.  (02-Jul-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Fri, 21 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. conversion of mac high end ascii characters to http URLS, for use with search engines

2. You can submit your page to alll search engines FREE

3. You can submit your page to alll search engines FREE

4. You can submit your page to alll search engines FREE

5. Top Search Engine Listing Guide

6. php and Listing with Search Engines

7. XML Engine 1.0

8. ANN: cage 1.0 -- Cellular automata engine in Python

9. Submit w/o submit button?

10. ANNOUNCE: mkWidgets 1.3, mkHttpd 1.0, mkTulip 1.0, mkZiplib 1.0, mkGeneric 1.3

11. search engine ranking confirmed 46

12. search-engine indexing?