B.Y.P. Server
Author Message
 B.Y.P. Server

Dear all,

        I created a very special server:

        I'm creating a software, written in Python, to mix the
        advantages of Internet (server web) and a client/server
         structure. Traditional web servers use a "state-less" system,
         in-fact when a browser requires some information to the server,
         in the server machine will be launched a CGI, or PHP/ASP (etc...)
        script and, when the request was satisfied, the connection can be
         considered "terminated": the programs (maybe CGI) which
         answered were terminated.
        I'm creating a system in which the server launches some
        threads (programs which substitute the CGI) and they remain
         active until the client exits from the application or with a
         time-out. I'm  creating the server thinking to Macromedia Flash 5
        as client (that's why I'm writing to you)
        (with this software, I can create very actractive programs,
        just like a beautiful and very functional graphic terminal client).
        With my project I intend to join the advantages of an
         Intranet/Extranet/Internet system with the advantages of a
        client/server system.
        One of the major targets is to simplify the server side
        programming: in-fact I wish let youcreate a program with the
        same technics that you use to create a local oriented software!

        Of course, there are a lot of things to do,
        but I installed this system in my company (a big company)
        and it functions very well! Furthermore, is very simple to write
        programs! (There are not the difficults that you can encounter
        creating programs for standard web servers!!!)

        Now the biggest problem I have, is maintain updated the

        This project is licenced under GPL.

        If you are interested about my project (my server runs in a 24x7
        since it implements a dynamic loading of new modules, daemons,
        server routines) please send me an e-mail or visit my site!

        Thank you very much for the attention you gave me!!!

        Alessandro Manotti

Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:43:18 GMT

1. B.Y.P. Server v.2.4.1. beta

2. B.Y.P. Server v.2.3

3. B.Y.P. Server

4. Generic Server for Dolphin now has web server with ST servlets and ST server pages

5. Generic Server now includes distributed ST and RMI registry, tuple spaces and web server

6. heavy server/light client is good [was Re: [Gem] Gemstone server performance]

7. MS Windows NT Server 4.0, Terminal Server Edition

8. Starting VWave server (PPD Visual Wave Server 1.0) as a service under NT

9. Clipper with client server in SCOUNIX Open Server

11. Clipper Apps under NT4.0 Server (Backoffice Small Bus Server)

12. Labview Server and G web Server