ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python distributed transaction framework
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python distributed transaction framework

We plan to have a Birds of a Feather (BOF) session at the python 10
Conference, http://www.*-*-*.com/ , on a Python distributed transaction
framework.

The Zope object database, ZODB, includes frameworks
for persistence and transaction management.  These frameworks
depend very little on the rest of ZODB and will be factored
out of ZODB and made into separate packages in the next generation
of ZODB, ZODB 4.

We have experience using the transaction framework
with other persistence mechanisms in Zope, including relational
databases and the light-weight directory access protocol, LDAP.
This allows distributed transactions to be coordinated among
multiple database systems. If a transaction is committed or rolled
back, the commit or rollback happens for each of the participating
databases. This is very useful. It would be useful to make this
capability available to other Python applications.

In particular, it would be worthwhile to explore integrating
distributed transactions with the Python database API to make it
easier to coordinate among multiple databases and to better support
distributed transactions in the Python database API, for example by
including interfaces to underlying distributed-transaction APIs not
currently exposed by the Python database API.

We'd like to kick off an effort to design a transaction framework
to encompass ZODB, relational databases, and other persistence
systems.

The talk BOF begin with a presentation of the ZODB Transaction
framework.

The BOF will take place at lunch time on Tuesday, February 5.

Jim

--

CTO                  (888) 344-4332             http://www.*-*-*.com/
Zope Corporation     http://www.*-*-*.com/       http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:32:20 GMT
 ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python distributed transaction framework

This BOF got moved to Tuesday evening at 8pm.

Jim

Quote:

--

CTO                  (888) 344-4332            http://www.python.org
Zope Corporation     http://www.zope.com       http://www.zope.org

Fri, 23 Jul 2004 03:36:10 GMT

1. ANNOUNCE: Python 10 Birds of a Feather session on a Python persistence framework

2. BOFs (Birds-Of-a-Feather) sessions at the Monterey Python conference

3. OOPSLA '89 Birds-of-a-Feather Session

4. OOPSLA birds-of-a-feather session (repost)

5. OOPSLA Birds-of-a-feather session

6. IEEE VITAL Update Report - DAC'97 Bird's-of-a-Feather Session

7. Fortran BOF (Birds of a Feather) session at Supercomputing '05

8. Proposed Birds of a Feather Sessions at O'Reilly Conference

9. OOPSLA '89 Birds-of-a-Feather Session

10. OOPSLA birds-of-a-feather session (repost)

11. OOPSLA Birds-of-a-feather session

12. OOPSLA '89 Birds-of-a-Feather Session