Python block motion in Vim
Author Message
 Python block motion in Vim

I just hacked together some code using the python extension to vim that
handles moving to the start and end of a code block (like using '%' on the
braces in a language so impaired ;-).  Basically it moves to the first or
last line at the current indent level or higher -- stopping before getting
to a (non-blank) line of lesser indent.

I don't use '(' or ')', so I do:

   pyfile /home/jafo/vim/
   map ( :python pythonblockStart()^M
   map ) :python pythonblockEnd()^M

It's available at

 Language is the most important .. uh..  I think you know what I'm trying
 to say.  -- Steve Martin - Linux Consulting since 1995. Qmail, KRUD, Firewalls, Python

Sun, 09 Nov 2003 19:39:47 GMT

1. Python block motion in Vim

2. VIM and [Python] block jumping

3. vhdl for motion estimation and block mathcing?

4. block matching and motion estimation

5. VIM and block jumping

6. VIM - python errors after upgrading to Python 2.2 (Windows OLE)

7. [VIM] Version 2.0 of VIlisp.vim

8. std blocks vs blocks+cache ( was: block behavior)

9. pyhints - Python function signatures in VIM

10. Python Vim Module - works

11. Python-Vim

12. Python in Vim