Another update of the Linux Python Distribution
Author Message
 Another update of the Linux Python Distribution

Hi,

I had to update the python Linux packages once again, so that they
work with uptodate RedHat 5.x systems.

The Distribution can be found at the usual places, that means

        http://www.*-*-*.com/
        ftp://starship.skyport.net/pub/crew/andrich
        ftp://ftp.fga.de/Python
        ftp://redhat.rhein-zeitung.de/Python

What has changed? (since last announce)

        - zlibmodule has been linked with zlib 1.1.2
        - python-imaging has been linked with the recent versions of
          libjpeg, libpng and zlib
        - the latest patches.all has been applied
        - MySQLmodule has been updated to version 1.2.0
        - numpy version 1.3
        - python-gd is linked with libgd 1.3

[I think this all.]

What do you have to do?

        - if you use zlibmodule you should have to update to zlib
        1.1.2, but this is highly recommended
        - if use python-imaging you have to update to libjpeg 6b,
        libpng 1.0.1, libzlib 1.1.2 which is also highly recommened
        (RedHat 5.1 includes most of these libraries, RedHat 5.0
        should upgrade, if they really use this stuff. But be warned
        some other have to be updated too. I had to recompile some
        packages against the new libs, cause I use a RedHat 5.0 that
        is highly customized in this way. ;-)

If you have any problems, please email me, and I will fix them. People
using SuSE have still to wait. I promised to work on this several
times, but I haven't found the time yet. But it is still in the
queue. May be someone who is using SuSE, knows how to use RPM and knows
how to edit a patch file can do this. Sparc RPMs are also in the
queue, both versions will be tackled during the next weeks. I PROMISE
it, cause I am looking forward to have a lot of time to spare on this.

Enjoy, the packages.

Bye, Oliver Andrich

==
Oliver Andrich, RZ-Online, Schlossstrasse Str. 42, D-56068 Koblenz
Telefon: 0261-3921027 / Fax: 0261-3921033 / Web: http://www.*-*-*.com/
Private Homepage: http://www.*-*-*.com/

--
-------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) --------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 07 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Another Update to the Linux Python Distribution: 2 new packages

2. UPDATE: Python distribution for Linux

3. New Release of Linux Python Distribution (Major update)

4. Update to Python Linux distribution for RedHat Systems

5. Update to Python Linux distribution for RedHat Systems (RPM)

6. Update to the Python Distribution for RedHat Linux

7. Update to Python Linux distribution for RedHat Systems

8. New Release of the Python Distribution for Linux

9. New release of the Python Linux Distribution

10. New packages added to Linux Python Distribution

11. Linux Python Distribution

12. New Release of Python Distribution for RedHat Linux (1.5.2b1)