Scratchy 0.4 - an Apache log parser and HTML report generator
Author Message
 Scratchy 0.4 - an Apache log parser and HTML report generator

http://www.*-*-*.com/

About Scratchy
Scratchy is a set of scripts to parse Apache web server log files and
extract useful information. From this data, Scratchy will create HTML
reports so that website administrators can easily view the information
and determine trends and their typical audience.

Scratchy began as a proof-of-concept which allowed me to compile stats
about my personal website. As time progressed I continually added
features and improvements and I felt that it was now at a point that
it would be useful to others.

Why Scratchy?
Well, the name of the project of course comes from the Simpsons "Itchy
and Scratchy Show". The functionality that the project aims to supply
is a complete log parsing and report generating tool. Also, there
seemed to be a need for such a project in Python. I have seen some
other Apache log parsers but they were developed in other languages
(such as Perl, C, etc). One goal of this project is for it to be
extensible, to that tune, most of the report appearance can be easily
modified by tweaking a single config file.

What information does Scratchy report?
# Accessed web pages
# hosts accessing your website
# operating systems
# browsers
# search engines
# robots
# file types accessed
# errors
# a trace of pages accessed by each ip address (if enabled).

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 12 Dec 2005 05:51:26 GMT

1. Scratchy 0.5 - Report Generator and Log Parser for Apache access logs

2. Scratchy 0.6 - An Apache access_log file parser and HTML report generator

3. XIST 0.4 - an XML based extensible HTML generator

4. ANN: XIST 0.4 - an XML based extensible HTML generator

5. Apache Log Parser in written Python

6. CMUCL ERROR? (LOG #C(0.4 0.5))

7. Parser Generator/Scanner Generator for Scheme?

8. Wanted: parser-generator/lexical-analyser-generator outputting Scheme

9. Parseing apache log files

10. Sorting Apache Log Files

11. Python CGI output and Apache script log ?

12. Apache log file scanner