RELEASED - Python 2.1.2c1
Author Message
 RELEASED - Python 2.1.2c1

We've issued a release candidate of python 2.1.2:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Our thanks go out to Anthony Baxter, who almost singlehandedly
produced this release.  We're planning a final release of 2.1.2 early
next week, probably Tuesday night (Wednesday morning for Anthony :-).

Please report any bugs you find to the bug tracker:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

This being a bugfix release, there are no exciting new features -- we
just fixed a lot of bugs; a few are outlined below.  For a complete
list, please see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

- The socket object gained a new method, 'sendall()'. This method
  is guaranteed to send all data - this is not guaranteed by the
  'send()' method. See also SF patch #474307. The standard library
  has been updated to use this method where appropriate.

- Fix for incorrectly swapped arguments to PyFrame_BlockSetup in ceval.c.
  This bug could cause python to crash. It was related to using a 'continue'
  inside a 'try' block.

- The Python compiler package was updated to correctly calculate stack
  depth in some cases. This was affecting Zope Python Scripts rather badly.

- Largefile support was added (but not on by default, you'll need to follow
  the instructions in the documentation of the posix module).

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~guido/)

Tue, 29 Jun 2004 12:01:13 GMT

1. RELEASED - Python 2.1.2c1

2. Python 1.5.2c1 -- release candidate for 1.5.2

3. Python 1.5.2c1 -- release candidate for 1.5.2 final

4. Python 2.1.2c1 docs

5. Troubleshoot: Problem getting Tkinter to work with Python 2.2C1 on Linux

6. Cannot start Python 2.2c1 IDLE ?

7. ANN: Python 2.2c1 Port to Sharp Zaurus

8. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

9. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

10. Python and XUL: Luxor XUL Python Example Suite Released

11. MacPython 2.2c1 available

12. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)