PIL 1.0 final - Python Imaging Library
Author Message
 PIL 1.0 final - Python Imaging Library

The python Imaging Library (PIL) adds image processing capabilities
to your Python interpreter. This library supports many file formats,
and provides powerful image processing and graphics capabilities.

PIL 1.0 final is now available from:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

Changes since the last beta include faster text rendering, support
for using PIL as a package, mechanisms to hook into a standard Tkinter
build, better GIF encoding, incremental image decoding, and various
bug fixes.  see the README and CHANGES files for the full story.

PIL 1.0 is (as before) shipped under a Python-style license, and can be
used without fee also in commercial projects.  However, we encourage
commercial users to support our development efforts by purchasing a
support package; for details, see:

    http://www.*-*-*.com/

enjoy,
the PIL development team

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>Python Imaging Library 1.0</A>
- an image processing and graphics library for Python.  (06-Aug-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 23 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. import Image vs from PIL import Image vs import PIL.Image

2. PIL (Python Image Library)

3. PIL (Python Image Library) RPM

4. PIL Problem (Python Imaging Library)

5. PIL (Python Imaging Library)

6. ANN: PIL 1.0 final

7. ANN: Python Imaging Library 1.1.4 final (may 10, 2003)

8. PIL 1.0 bugs? (TIFF, Image)

9. PIL Win32 binaries for Python 1.6 (final)

10. Fredrik Lundh: [PYTHON IMAGE-SIG] Java Imaging Library !?

11. adding text to jpeg images using Python/PIL/???

12. Python Image Conversion with PIL