Python2C alpha release 1.0a2
Author Message
 Python2C alpha release 1.0a2

Python2C is a python to C translator that attempts to speed up Python code
by removing a significant fraction of the CPython VM overhead.

This is an alpha release. There are quite likely lots of bugs remaining, but
I'm making this release because I actually fixed a bug or two, and decided
to release it out to the world.

Python2C can be downloaded off of its homepage:

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rassilon/p2c/

Changes since the original release:

Fixed handling of packages. (import x.y.z)
Added support for non-global named imports (from x import a,b,c)
Fixed binary operator handling thinko.
Tweaked string outputting 7 ways from Sunday, so it should work now.
                                                 *crosses fingers*

See the README file for still currently unimplemented features.

Anybody want to help fix default argument handling for lambdas, nested functions, etc?
I can provide the details if someone wants to have a crack at it.

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~rassilon/p2c/">Python2C 1.0a2 (alpha)</A>
- Python-to-C translator that attempts to speed up Python code be removing a
significant fraction of the CPython VM overhead.  (23-Mar-99)

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

Python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Sun, 09 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. BUG: weird core dump on alphas with tclsh and wish 8.0a2

2. ANNOUNCE: plus- and dash-patches for Tcl8.0a2/Tk8.0a2 available

3. Remote Microscope software 1.0a2 released

4. OpenGLContext 1.0a2 Released

5. ANNOUNCE: New release of TkDND (1.0a2)

6. ANN: saMDI v1.0a2 released

7. Tcl-DP 4.0a2 released

8. RegularExpression plugin (alpha) for DR2 released

9. ANN: New Official Harbour Alpha Release!

10. MultiMedia Logic 0.4 Alpha Released

11. MultiMedia Logic ALPHA 0.3 is released

12. Announcing: Phantom language, home page, alpha release