HOWTO: Regular Expressions
Author Message
 HOWTO: Regular Expressions

A new HOWTO on regular expressions, and on using them via the re
module, has been released.  The HOWTO takes a tutorial-style approach,
instead of the more compact exposition in the Library Reference, and
hopefully will provide a gentler introduction to regexes.

The HTML version is at:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Versions in PDF, postscript, DVI, and plain ASCII are accessible from
the HOWTO page at:
        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Doubtless there are regex-related topics I've forgotten to cover and
various infelicities in the writing style; please send me suggestions
for improvements and for additional topics.  In particular, please
point out any sections that are confusing, so I can improve them.
(This HOWTO will probably wind up in an upcoming book, so *please*
send suggestions.)

<P><A HREF=" http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;>Regular
Expression HOWTO</A> - Introduction to text processing with the re
module.  (12-Aug-98)

==
A.M. Kuchling                   http://www.*-*-*.com/
I stood there sweating with the line in my hands, and the sun broke above the
horizon, and the gulls mewed and the grey sea turned to sapphire: and I knew
this would be a good voyage.
    -- The Sea Witch sets sail, in SANDMAN #53: "Hob's Leviathan"

--
-------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) --------

python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/

Mon, 29 Jan 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Howto compare sttrings in a SoftICE expression

2. regular expression matching in J ? (or APL)

3. Tgen, linear algebra, and regular expression package available

4. Regular Expressions

5. Regular Expression Matcher v1.1

6. apl and regular expressions

7. php like regular expressions in apl?

8. Support for regular expressions in APL?

9. Benchmarking Regular Expressions in J3.05

10. regular expression discussion

11. Regular Expressions in J

12. Regular Expression to match HTML elements