Next version of PEP278 - universal newline support - available
Author Message
 Next version of PEP278 - universal newline support - available

Folks,
the next version of PEP278, universal newline support, and the
accompanying patch are available for your review and testing.

The patch has changed very little:
- open(filename, 'U') is now the way to open files for universal
newline reading because 't' may have a use on Windows;
- --with-universal-newlines is now the default configure option.

The PEP has changed a bit more, mainly addressing issues brought
up by Guido and Greg Ward.

Please read, test and comment,
--

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --

Mon, 30 Aug 2004 07:01:27 GMT

1. when will the next stable version available

2. New DBMax version with ADS support available

3. Universal Disassemblers vs. Universal MIILs

4. universal joins, universal stransmission shaft

5. Universal integer or universal expression

6. ANN: USPP (Universal Serial Port Python) Library version 0.1

7. PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

8. PEP 259: Omit printing newline after newline

9. Portable version of time:parse-universal-time ?

10. ANNOUNCE: Superscape Viscape Universal 3D Web Browser Available In Beta

11. Universal File Names Available