RELEASED Python 2.2.3c1
Author Message
 RELEASED Python 2.2.3c1

I'm happy to announce the release of python 2.2.3c1 (release candidate
1).  This is a bug fix release for the stable Python 2.2 code line.
Barring any critical issues, we expect to release Python 2.2.3 final by
this time next week.  We encourage those with an interest in a solid
2.2.3 release to download this candidate and test it on their code.

The new release is available here:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Python 2.2.3 has a large number of bug fixes and memory leak patches.
For full details, see the release notes at

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

There are a small number of minor incompatibilities with Python 2.2.2;
for details see:

        http://www.*-*-*.com/

Perhaps the most important is that the Bastion.py and rexec.py modules
have been disabled, since we do not deem them to be safe.

As usual, a Windows installer and a Unix/Linux source tarball are made
available, as well as tarballs of the documentation in various forms.
At the moment, no Mac version or Linux RPMs are available, although I
expect them to appear soon after 2.2.3 final is released.

On behalf of Guido, I'd like to thank everyone who contributed to this
release, and who continue to ensure Python's success.

Enjoy,
-Barry

Tue, 08 Nov 2005 11:30:45 GMT

1. RELEASED Python 2.2.3c1

2. Python 2.3C1 Fails to build ?

3. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

4. RELEASED Python 2.2 release candidate 1 is out!

5. Python and XUL: Luxor XUL Python Example Suite Released

6. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

7. Python 2.1b2 SRPM (was: Re: Python 2.1b2 released)

8. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

9. Cygwin Python Distribution (was ANNOUNCE: Python 2.1 final release)

10. Python 2.1b2 SRPM (was: Re: Python 2.1b2 released)

11. Building for Win64 (was: Re: [Python-Dev] Re: Python 2.0 release candidate 1)

12. Python 2.3c1: Raising a string doesn't trigger PendingDeprecationWarning.