cx_Oracle 2.4
Author Message
 cx_Oracle 2.4

My apologies for reposting this announcement, but I forgot one critical
piece of information: the URL for downloading!

http://www.*-*-*.com/

I am pleased to announce the availability of a new version of cx_Oracle,
the python interface to Oracle.

New in this release:

1) String variables can now be made any length (previously restricted to
the 64K limit imposed by Oracle for default binding); use the type
cx_Oracle.LONG_STRING as the argument to setinputsizes() for binding in
string values larger than 4000 bytes.
2) Raw and long raw columns are now supported; use the types
cx_Oracle.BINARY and cx_Oracle.LONG_BINARY as the argument to
setinputsizes() for binding in values of these types.
3) Functions DateFromTicks(), TimeFromTicks() and TimestampFromTicks()
are now implemented.
4) Function cursor.setoutputsize() implemented
5) Added the ability to bind arrays as out parameters to procedures; use
the format [cx_Oracle.<DataType>, <NumElems>] as the input to the
function setinputsizes() for binding arrays
6) Discovered from the Oracle 8.1.6 version of the documentation of the
OCI libraries, that the size of the memory location required for the
precision variable is larger than the printed documentation says; this
was causing a problem with the code on the Sun platform.
7) Now support building RPMs for Linux (built on Red Hat Linux 7.2 but
will likely work on other distributions)

NOTE:

As some of these things extend the DB API, comments are most welcome on
whether this implementation is sensible!

Anthony

Wed, 23 Jun 2004 02:29:46 GMT

1. cx_Oracle 2.4

2. visual works 3.1 image has segmentation fault on 2.4 kernel (red hat 8.0)

3. awk script fails on solaris 2.4

4. Awkcc port for Solaris 2.4 x86

5. 2.5.2 and Solaris 2.4?

6. Clipper 5.2e Hangs in Windows 2000 using P4 above 2.4 Ghz

7. Eiffel/S 1.3 for Sol 2.4

8. GPIB driver supports Kernel 2.4

9. Can't compile gforth-0.3.0 on Sparc Solaris 2.4

10. Mops 2.4 available

11. Migrating FlagShip from Solaris 2.4 (HyperSparc) to 2.5 on a SparcUltra

12. Simple Example CD player in MswLogo 2.4