ANNOUNCE: Python Checkbook Manager
Author Message
 ANNOUNCE: Python Checkbook Manager

Python Checkbook Manager

   The python Checkbook Manager (aka PyCheckbook) is a personal finance
   manager that focuses on simplicity and portability. It will run on
any
   platform that can run Python and Tkinter. It handles very simple
   checkbook register features.

Features

     * Read/write Quicken Interchange Format files.
     * Graphical checkbook register.
     * Gnu GPL license.
     * Python programming language: easy to read and change.
     * Runs on any platform that has Python and Tkinter installed.

Why do we need another checkbook manager?

   There are certainly lots of checkbook managers out there. I've used
   CBB for years and have been happy with it. I wanted a checkbook
   manager that I could run on every computer I had, whether it was a
   Windows Laptop, and Macintosh, or a Linux workstation. I also wanted
   simple features; I long ago tired of the extraneous features that
   Quicken kept on putting into their releases.

The homepage for PyCheckbook will soon be moving to
http://www.*-*-*.com/ , but in the meantime, you can
download the
package from http://www.*-*-*.com/ :8080/pycheckbook.

Your suggestions for code improvement are welcomed!

Rick
--
Richard P. Muller, Ph.D.

http://www.*-*-*.com/

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 03:52:30 GMT

1. Python Checkbook Manager Version 0.5 Available

2. ANNOUNCE: print manager for python win32 applications.

3. ANNOUNCE: quality assurance: another python lint (and python parsing in python)

4. ANNOUNCE C++ EXPERIMENT GC/MEM MANAGER

5. ANNOUNCE: TOXFile 0.1 - cross-platform file manager

6. Announce: TkMC v1.1 -- clone of MC file manager

7. Announce: TkMC - Tcl/Tk clone of MC file manager

8. ANNOUNCING: The Panache Window Manager

9. ANNOUNCE: TkDesk 1.0b3, file and desktop manager

10. ANNOUNCE: TkDesk 1.0b1 - Desktop and File Manager

11. ANNOUNCE: TkDesk, a file manager for Unix/X

12. ANNOUNCE: New archive manager