Temporary mail problems to python.org
Author Message
 Temporary mail problems to python.org

Some of you may have experienced temporary problems sending mail to
the python.org domain.  As of about noon EST, Monday 21-Feb-2000,
these problems should have been resolved, and your queued up messages

In brief, we are in the process of moving most python.org services to
a faster machine.  Friday afternoon (in direct and willful violation
of Warsaw's Second Law[1]), we changed the MX record for python.org to
point to dinsdale.python.org.  Most email was already being handled by
this machine, but via a clunky forwarding scheme through the old
machine.  Unfortunately, due to a misconfiguration of CNRI's gateway,
traffic to the smtp port of dinsdale was being blocked.  This should
now be fixed, and queued mail should be flowing again; no mail should
have actually been lost.

If you experience any residual problems please let us know (you can
email me directly at my CNRI address, which was unaffected).

-Barry

[1] http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~bwarsaw/software/laws.html

--
----------- comp.lang.python.announce (moderated) ----------

python Language Home Page:   http://www.*-*-*.com/
Python Quick Help Index:     http://www.*-*-*.com/

Tue, 13 Aug 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Temporary mail problems to python.org

2. ANNOUNCE Take 2: python-win32 mailing list on mail.python.org

3. ANNOUNCE Take 2: python-win32 mailing list on mail.python.org

4. Mail problems python.org

5. xml.smalltalk.org, mod.smalltalk.org and camp.smalltalk.org DNS problems resolved

6. Temporary problems with mailing list

7. Scheduled downtime for mail.python.org

8. Scheduled downtime for mail.python.org

9. Gwydion Dylan mailing lists down (temporary)

10. JPython org.python.modules Problem

11. python.org connectivity problems

12. {www,ftp}.python.org system problems