: invoking Ghostscript in batch for converting .ps files
Author Message
 : invoking Ghostscript in batch for converting .ps files

Hello everybody,

I visited the Web-pages
http://www.*-*-*.com/

and found out about converting postscript images to a bitmap using
Ghostscript as follows :

$> gs -sDEVICE=ppmraw -sOutputFile=file.ppm file.ps

but when I execute this command, I return to the Ghostscript command
environment.

However I would like to use this command in batch, so is it possible to
run Ghostscript, make it convert the .ps file and immediately exit the
Ghostscript environment ?

With regards,

Wim Van Paepegem ------------------
University of Ghent, Belgium.

-----------------------------------

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 : invoking Ghostscript in batch for converting .ps files

Quote:

> Hello everybody,

> I visited the Web-pages
> http://www.comlab.ox.ac.uk/internal/dow/postscript/node25.html

> and found out about converting PostScript images to a bitmap using
> Ghostscript as follows :

> $> gs -sDEVICE=ppmraw -sOutputFile=file.ppm file.ps

> but when I execute this command, I return to the Ghostscript command
> environment.

> However I would like to use this command in batch, so is it possible to
> run Ghostscript, make it convert the .ps file and immediately exit the
> Ghostscript environment ?

Try:

$> gs -q -dNOPAUSE -sDEVICE=ppmraw -sOutputFile=file.ppm file.ps quit.ps

It is probably good to add a -dSAFER there also.

>With regards,

>Wim Van Paepegem ------------------
>University of Ghent, Belgium.

>-----------------------------------

Fri, 15 Sep 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Batch file for Win 95/NT using Ghostscript 5.50 to convert eps to jpeg

2. Help: converting PS into JPG batch model in UNIX

3. Batch convert HTML->PS ?

4. how to convert several ps files to one ps file

5. Convert PS to AI with Ghostscript and ps2ai.ps

6. HELP! Ghostscript / ImageMagick in NT batch file

7. Convert Large PS to many PS files Possible ?

8. batch processing ps files to pdf

9. wanted->split ps-files ->2 batches ->pr double-sided

10. Convert PDF files in PS files ?

11. Util needed to convert N 1 pg PS files into one N pg file

12. converting multipage .ps file into individual files