Simple Viewing Question
Author Message
 Simple Viewing Question

I know next to nothing about postscript, and would appreciate answers to
what must be very simple questions.

I am trying to read some research papers which are accessible on a WWW page.
The papers are in the form of Postscript files, which I can download and save
on my hard disc using Netscape/Mosaic. Unfortunately, I am unable to either
print or view these files. Can anyone answer the following?

1)      How can I send a Postscript file from a PC to a network printer to
produce a printout; I'm more familiar with just pressing "Print" from
applications such as Word.  (I did say this was a simple question.)

2)      Can I view the files on my 386 PC? A quick look at some of the other
articles in this newsgroup suggests that GhostView may let me do this. Where
can I get hold of a suitable viewer; is software available via FTP?

--
Chris Gordon-Smith
London

Wed, 17 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Simple Viewing Question

"How can I send a Postscript file from a PC to a network printer
to produce a printout; I'm more familiar with just pressing
"Print" from applications such as Word.  (I did say this was a
simple question.)"

Someone has to install and configure network software on your
PC. Then it is just as simple: the printer might be available
as LPT2: - use Connect in the Printers control panel then
hit the PRINT button in word again. You need to talk to
your network administrator; each network is different.

--
Aandi Inston

Fri, 19 Sep 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Frame movement question and tree view question

2. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

3. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

4. Postscript for perspective views of simple 3-D objects

5. Web View question

6. Novice Ghostscript/view Question

7. newbiew question about postscript viewing and faxing

8. GS View FIND question...

9. PC/DOS/Windows, ghostscript/view question

10. Question: difference in viewed and printed images

11. Simple backup script question from a newbie

12. menu/list question (simple)