Convert PCL to PS
Author Message
 Convert PCL to PS

Quote:

> I've only been lurking here for a few days, so apologies in
> advance if this is off topic or a FAQ but I hope that someone
> can help...

> Many years ago I wrote a DOS report-writer program that was
> specifically for use with a HP Laserjet, and the user now
> requires the output as a postscript file.  This is straight
> (ASCII) text, no graphics, single monospaced font, so I what
> I'm looking for is a minimal PS prologue to achieve the
> necessary output.  Or a good converter, if one exists.

If you ancient app generates only plain ASCII files (with CR, LF, and FF
as the only controls), I could give you a piece of PostScript code which
emulates a "dump" line printer. It can be configured to print at any LPI
and CPI
values (and simulates monospaced printing even with non-monospaced
fonts).

But if your app generates the PCL control codes by itself, it will be -
though
possible - a tedious task (I just emulated an old Facit hammer printer
by PostScript
code, and it took me 2 weeks of development).

Helge
--

Fri, 11 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. converting PCL to PS?

2. Convert PCL to PS

3. Convert PCL to PS

4. PS->TIFF, PCL->TIFF, PCL->PS

5. Convert PCL-Code to PS

6. PS convert to PCL Support

7. Convert PS file to PCL

8. How to convert a .ps file to PCL ?

9. Creating PS fonts (or converting from HP PCL)

10. Can this be done: pcl to ps back to pcl in same doc

11. ps to PCL / troff to PCL

12. PS/PCL language switching with HP 33439Q PS cartridge