gs 2.6.2 reads doc gs 4.03 does not
Author Message
 gs 2.6.2 reads doc gs 4.03 does not

Hi folks.

I recently upgraded from gs 2.62 under linux Redhat 4.1  to gs 4.03.The
ghostview previewer version is 1.5 -6. When I try to read a document
with gs 4.03 that I previously read before with gs 2.6.2 , pages with
graphic figures sometimes do not display. Other pages with graphics do
display. It appears that the document was created with xdvi in two
columns with figures.

The symptoms are as follows- when the previewer first loads, it prints a
warning message such as "no gray58". This quickly disappears and the
document tries to read, but there are no catastrophic failures that
bring up the gs interpreter.   Most fonts display OK and the document
text is readable. However, when the first figure is encountered, the
document displays the left most column first, erases it and then
displays the the right column. This page has figures as the captions are
readable. I'm sorry I can't give the interpreters feedbacks as it gave
none.

Another clue might be that gs can not read the check.ps in the examples,
- the intrepreter claims it can not find file cheq.ps, but that file is
is located in the same directory.

When reading a pdf document, most graphics display, however I will
sometimes encounter a blank screen where a graphic should be, Text and
fonts seems to display fine.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill D.

Sun, 07 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. gs 2.6.2 reads doc, gs 4.03 does not

2. GS 4.03: No Old Epson Support?

3. GS 4.03 font questions

4. GS 4.03 and findfont

5. Strange globalVM behaviour in GS 4.03

6. GS 4.03 PS -> PDF problem

7. Update for Aladdin GS 4.03?

8. GS 4.03 and Epson Stylus Color 600

9. GS 4.03 and 720x720 on Stylus Color 600

10. Mac GS Viewer 4.03 and PDF

11. GS 4.03 HP LaserJet driver problems??

12. anti-aliasing with gs 4.03