Lex capabilities
Author Message
 Lex capabilities

Hello,
I'm usung lex and yacc as a parser, i have noticed that Lex does
not except a regular expression while its in a exclusive state,
something like this wont pass:

%x state

<state>[a-zA-Z]* {
                  }

not even when the expression is defined like this:
WORD [a-zA-Z]*    etc...

is there another way of doing that, not using the %s state since this
couse situation i can not deal with.

Thank you.
Hilla
  Hilla Achavan:
16 Martin Gehl St.               Tel  : 03 9263204
  Kiriat Arie                    Fax  : 03 9261630

             Tadiran Telecomm. LTD

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex capabilities

Quote:
>Hello,
>I'm usung lex and yacc as a parser, i have noticed that Lex does
>not except a regular expression while its in a exclusive state,
>something like this wont pass...

I think you may have made a mistake posting this in
comp.lang.postscript.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Lex capabilities

Lex is a lexer builder and really should not be used for
state analysis.  If you are stuck in a state and need to
do more parsing, you have made a mistake in your lex design.

Use flex anyway.  It has fewer bugs.  If you want a lex description
of PostScript, check the one I posted a URL for yesterday.

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. lex/yacc description of PostScript language

2. Syntax checker for VBS and VBS grammar for YACC/LEX

3. Searching postscript syntax and grammar in lex and yacc

4. newbie lex question: parsing Postscript

5. YACC & lex grammar for postscript

6. vbscript Capabilities

7. How to detect color capability in PS

8. browsing and linking capabilities in postscript?

9. client side capabilities

10. client side capabilities question.

11. Question about VBScript capabilities

12. VBScript parsing capabilities