Ghostscript & *.afm fonts
Author Message
 Ghostscript & *.afm fonts

) Subject: Ghostscript & *.afm fonts
) Date: 2 Mar 1993 12:16:34 -0600
)
) I've serious need to use some afm format fonts with
) ghostscript; wonder if that's feasible, and if indeed
) feasible, could someone give hints or procedures regarding
) such configuration or source level modifications?
)
) Thank you very much in advance,

)
) [sorry to post it here to the postscript group as I can't get to the
) gnu/ghostscript groups.]

No recompile needed.

Add new entries (or modify old entries) in the Fontmap file.  Then,
make sure that the .pfb files are on the gs path, in the current
directory, or specify a path with the -I (which will be searched
before the path compiled into ghostscript.)

One important note.  The name you give the font in the Fontmap file
MUST be the same name which is encoded inside the font (you can look
at the .AFM file for this name, or use a binary editor to find it in
the .PFB file).  If you need to refer to the font by a different name,
you must set of the original definition using the fonts true name,
then create an alias for the name you want to use (there is an example
of this for some various flavors of Helvetica in the Fontmap file that
comes with GhostScript)

If you need more info, send me email.

Sun, 20 Aug 1995 03:26:01 GMT
 Ghostscript & *.afm fonts
I've serious need to use some afm format fonts with
ghostscript; wonder if that's feasible, and if indeed
feasible, could someone give hints or procedures regarding
such configuration or source level modifications?

Thank you very much in advance,

[sorry to post it here to the postscript group as I can't get to the
gnu/ghostscript groups.]

Sun, 20 Aug 1995 02:16:34 GMT

1. AFM files for Ghostscript Hershey Fonts?

2. Ghostscript 6.01 & non-Times fonts

3. Fonts (.gsf) & Ghostscript

4. large scaled fonts & GhostScript

5. enscript & .afm

6. Help with AFM fonts

7. Looking for AFM (Adobe Font Metrics)

8. Produce AFM files from outline font?

9. AFM (Adobe Font Metric) files

10. Getting from font name to AFM file nme

11. .afm files for ps-versions of cm-fonts?

12. t1tools: afm generation, pfb font preview, etc (MSDOS/Unix)