Viewer for Mac?
Author Message
 Viewer for Mac?

Can anyone recommend a robust postscript viewer for the macintosh?
I have MacGS, but it crashes the machine if you're not careful.
Thanks in advance,
Chris Paulse

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewer for Mac?
Hi Cris,
There is a commercial product on the market called T_Script. It is
PS to preview (for multiple page preview you need T-Script Deluxe).

It is also PS to PICT, TIFF, Apple,Canon and Epson Printers.
Company TeleTypesetting. 617-734-9700.

Good Luck

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewer for Mac?
I am looking for a sharware program that will allow me to view and
convert postscript files for Windows and into Word. Does anyone have
any suggestions.

Thanks,

Mon, 13 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewer for Mac?

Quote:
> Can anyone recommend a robust postscript viewer for the macintosh?

Short story: wait for Mac GhostScript, apparently in late beta and
expected to ship in a few weeks.

For now, everything that I know about this is on my web page,

<http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/Poynton-mac.html#view-ps>

This document explains how to view and print PostScript on a
Macintosh. The note contains an Introduction to PostScript, information about
Printing PostScript on a Mac, a section concerning Viewing and printing
PostScript
on a Mac, and an introduction to Encapsulated PostScript (EPS).

If you have ftp but no web access,

<ftp://ftp.inforamp.net/pub/users/poynton/doc/Mac/Viewing_PS_on_Mac.pdf>
PDF format (135,047 bytes)
<ftp://ftp.inforamp.net/pub/users/poynton/doc/Mac/Viewing_PS_on_Mac.ps.gz>
PostScript/gz format(106,978 bytes)
<ftp://ftp.inforamp.net/pub/users/poynton/doc/Mac/Viewing_PS_on_Mac.txt>
text format (10,330 bytes)

C.

C.

Charles A. Poynton
56A Lawrence Avenue East
Toronto, ON M4N 1S3
CANADA

vox:   +1 416 486 3271
fax:   +1 416 486 3657

<http://www.inforamp.net/~poynton/>

Sat, 18 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Viewer for Mac?

Quote:
> > Can anyone recommend a robust postscript viewer for the macintosh?

> Short story: wait for Mac GhostScript, apparently in late beta and
> expected to ship in a few weeks.

Indeed, as the author of the upcoming Mac Ghostscript port, Final
Candidate 1 has been released and so far (keep those fingers crossed) I've
yet to get any report of any show stoppers.  I'm planning on release this
Friday or Saturday (May 5-6)!

page for more information (the web page has infor on the port now, and
will change to reflect the new status when the port is released)

    http://www.webcom.com/~glyphic/projects/macgs.html
--
Mark Lentczner
Glyphic Technology

Mon, 20 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. postscript viewer for Mac SE?

2. Postscript viewer for mac?

3. PostScript viewers for mac and pc

4. X window viewer for Mac Postscript files

5. PostScript Viewer for Mac

6. looking for PostScript viewer on mac

7. PS viewer for Mac

8. scriptable viewer for Mac?

9. PostScript viewers for Macs and PCs

10. Looking for a Mac PS viewer!

11. 2 Mac GS Viewer subjects.

12. PostScript Viewer/Interpreter for Mac