Redmon GhostScript Windows XP - printer dialog
Author Message
 Redmon GhostScript Windows XP - printer dialog

I am having a problem similar to the one described in a previous post:

I am running Windows XP, Redmon 1.7, and Ghostscript 7.04.

Every thing works fine except I get a pop-up printer dialog
from Redmon before the input is passed to Ghostscript.

I have checked the registry entries for:

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts]

and

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices]

They appear to be correct and are the same as the equivalent entries under
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER]

I finally gave up and changed the redirection on RPT1: from "Copy Temporary File to Printer".
to "Program handles output" and used gsprint.exe instead of ghostscript directly.

--
Steve W.
to reply: change invalid to verizon

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 07:26:50 GMT
 Redmon GhostScript Windows XP - printer dialog

Quote:
> I am having a problem similar to the one described in a previous post:

optonline.net>

Quote:

> I am running Windows XP, Redmon 1.7, and Ghostscript 7.04.

> Every thing works fine except I get a pop-up printer dialog
> from Redmon before the input is passed to Ghostscript.

The pop-up is coming from ghostscript, not RedMon.
Have a look at
  http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/muir.htm

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:40:03 GMT
 Redmon GhostScript Windows XP - printer dialog

Quote:
> The pop-up is coming from ghostscript, not RedMon.
> Have a look at
>   http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/redmon/muir.htm

OK thanks for the link, so perhaps it is coming from ghostscript and
not redmon.  But as I mentioned previously the Devices and PrinterPorts
keys for the default user:

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Devices] and
[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\PrinterPorts]

are already correct, so this does not seem to explain what is happening here.
Redirecting to gsprint has solved my immediate problem so I am happy!

--
Steve W.
to reply: change invalid to verizon

Thu, 13 Jan 2005 22:02:39 GMT

1. problem with redmon/mswinpr2 - brings up printer selection dialog

2. windows xp and jscript - I cannot Install scriptgen with windows XP

3. Ghostscript + REDMON on windows 2000 Terminalserver

4. Redmon + Ghostscript : printing locks up on Windows 95 !

5. RELEASE: RedMon - Redirect Win95/NT printer to Ghostscript

6. command line printer setup under windows xp

7. command line printer setup under windows xp

8. pstoedit with Redmon on XP

9. Script to Mute Sound - Windows 2000 and Windows XP Systems

10. Confirm dialog not working on XP

11. GhostScript for Windows-Printers ?

12. Redirect Windows printer port to Ghostscript - alpha test available