Driver for the lexmark 3200 under W98?? How can help me???
Author Message
 Driver for the lexmark 3200 under W98?? How can help me???

Im looking for a driver or some thing like that how runs a lexmark 3200 in
ghost script.

Thanks!!!

Markus Norn

Sun, 30 Sep 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Driver for the lexmark 3200 under W98?? How can help me???

Quote:

>Im looking for a driver or some thing like that how runs a lexmark 3200 in
>ghost script.

If you consult the table at
http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark&sor...
el

you will see that the Lexmark XX00 series of printers, including your 3200,
use a proprietary driver and there is no known Ghostscript driver that will
work.  This doesn't exclude the possibility that one might be written, but
that isn't really likely, given the proprietary nature of their drivers.

Jim Land       Minneapolis/USA
  postscript/Ghostscript Resources Website
    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5682/postscript.html

Mon, 01 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Driver for the lexmark 3200 under W98?? How can help me???

Quote:

>If you consult the table at
>http://www.picante.com/~gtaylor/pht/printer_list.cgi?make=Lexmark&sor...
>el

>you will see that the Lexmark XX00 series of printers, including your 3200,
>use a proprietary driver and there is no known Ghostscript driver that will
>work.  This doesn't exclude the possibility that one might be written, but
>that isn't really likely, given the proprietary nature of their drivers.

>Jim Land       Minneapolis/USA
>  PostScript/Ghostscript Resources Website
>    http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/5682/postscript.html

Well, if you are running ghostscript under win95/98/nt, this is really no
problem.  Just use the mswinpr2 driver.  I use this all the time to print
postscript to my Lexmark 1000 as well as my fax/modem.  Check out the
following from the ghostscript docs:

---------------------------------------
MS Windows printers

This section was written by Russell Lang, the author of Ghostscript's MS
Windows-specific printer driver.

The mswinpr2 device uses MS Windows printer drivers, and thus should work with
any printer with device-independent
bitmap (DIB) raster capabilities. The printer resolution cannot be selected
using PostScript commands from Ghostscript: use
the printer setup in the Control Panel instead.

If no Windows printer name is specified in -sOutputFile, Ghostscript prompts
for a Windows printer using the standard
Print Setup dialog box. You must set the orientation to Portrait and the page
size to that expected by Ghostscript; otherwise the
image will be clipped. Ghostscript sets the physical device size to that of
the Windows printer driver, but it does not update the
PostScript clipping path.

If a Windows printer name is specified in -sOutputFile using the format
"\\spool\printer_name", for instance

     gs ... -sOutputFile="\\spool\Apple LaserWriter II NT"

then Ghostscript attempts to open the Windows printer without prompting
(except, of course, if the printer is connected to
FILE:). Ghostscript attempts to set the Windows printer page size and
orientation to match that expected by Ghostscript, but
doesn't always succeed. It uses this algorithm:

   1.If the requested page size matches one of the Windows standard page sizes
+/- 2mm, request that standard size.
   2.Otherwise if the requested page size matches one of the Windows standard
page sizes in landscape mode, ask for that
     standard size in landscape.
   3.Otherwise ask for the page size by specifying only its dimensions.
   4.If using Windows NT, select a form that matches the page size. (This
isn't working at the moment)
   5.Merge the requests above with the defaults. If the printer driver ignores
the requested paper size, no error is generated: it
     will print on the wrong paper size.
   6.Open the Windows printer with the merged orientation and size.

The Ghostscript physical device size is updated to match the Windows printer
physical device.

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Driver for the lexmark 3200 under W98?? How can help me???

Quote:

> Im looking for a driver or some thing like that how runs a lexmark 3200 in
> ghost script.

> Thanks!!!

> Markus Norn

The 3200 is a Windows-only printer. There is no way to get ghostscript
to output what it wants directly.

Brian
--
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed are mine alone and do not represent
the views of my employer, Lexmark International, Inc.

Remove "..." to reply.

Tue, 02 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. driver for the lexmark 3200

2. lexmark 3200

3. lexmark 3200

4. Help with GS driver for Lexmark 5000

5. Type I Fonts on a DEClaser 3200 using DVIPS 5.55

6. QMS1700 vs DEC 3200?

7. Lexmark 5000 driver & protocol - new location

8. Lexmark printer drivers for Ghostscript

9. Ghostscript drivers for Lexmark 5700

10. GS driver for Lexmark jetprinter PS 4079 ?

11. HELP!!! NT Logon scrpiting for w98

12. Need help trouble shooting PS error on Lexmark printer