Postscript from Microsoft Word 5.0
Author Message
 Postscript from Microsoft Word 5.0

This is my first time posting so excuse me if I screwed this up.

Anyway, does anyone have some advice on how I can take postscript output
from Microsoft Word 5.0 and upload it to a unix system.  I have tried it
with some small text files but our printers don't seem to understand the
postscript as I just get blank pages.  The files start out with

%PS-Adobe-2.0

and we have Adobe 1.0 postscript if that makes any difference.  Any help is
appreciated and please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

Wed, 19 May 1993 02:09:00 GMT
 Postscript from Microsoft Word 5.0
# Anyway, does anyone have some advice on how I can take postscript output
# from Microsoft Word 5.0 and upload it to a unix system.  I have tried it
# with some small text files but our printers don't seem to understand the
# postscript as I just get blank pages.  The files start out with
#
# %PS-Adobe-2.0
#
# and we have Adobe 1.0 postscript if that makes any difference.  Any help is
# appreciated and please excuse my ignorance on the subject.

You need to copy up the POSTSCRP.INI file as a prolog to the output
from Microsoft Word.  You will also need to remove the ^D at the
end of the .INI file before combining it with the output of Word.

--
Clayton E. Cramer {pyramid,pixar,tekbspa}!optilink!cramer
There is no m{*filter*}obligation to obey unjust and stupid laws.

Wed, 19 May 1993 17:54:00 GMT

1. Closing tables

2. Record/Key Deleted Problems w/Paradox

3. Word 5.0 Postscript Fonts

4. mirrored PostScript output with MS-WORD 5.0

5. ? Including Postscript images into Word 5.0 ?

6. Want Word 5.0 Postscript header

7. postscript from microsoft word

8. PC Microsoft Word PostScript Printers On Networks

9. Postscript and Microsoft Word

10. Postscript to Microsoft Word

11. Microsoft Word & postscript files

12. Odd characters in Microsoft Word -produced PostScript