PS Broadway font (Re: Blackboard Bold font needed)
Author Message
 PS Broadway font (Re: Blackboard Bold font needed)

Quote:

>}}One of the professors here needs a Broadway-type font similar or equal to
>}}Talaris' Blackboard Bold.  We need it either in Metafont or postscript format

>}Scott Anthony studios in San Francisco sells a 3 PS font package for
>}$35, and one of them is a broadway clone.

>    Thanks!  How can I contact them? (snail or otherwise...)  What does
>that `3' stand for, anyway?

It means the package has 3 fonts in it. Broadway, a very TALL THIN roman
font and a hairline avant-garde'ish looking font.

I searched all over and cant find the stupid package and I'm pretty
sure I just threw it out in the big clean. Try SF information (415)555-1212.
I found the packageat a B. Dalton bookstore. Your dealer should be able
to get them for you. They're listed intghe Southern Technologies catalog
(which is one of three distributors Amiga dealers buy their stuff from)

Quote:
>}I have them and they're a bit rough - too rough to use IMHO, but maybe
>}you can find a size you can use. The problems I have is that there
>}are gaps in some of the letters at certai sizes. Ie, at 18 points the
>}``O'' doesnt close. SO you goto 24 and now the ``B'' doesnt close.
>}I've looked at the code and it looks ok, but ????????????

>    Anyone else have experience with this?  Better yet---has anyone been
>able to _fix_ this?

Yes, anybody ??

--
                   There is a place in North Ontario.

Wed, 19 May 1993 04:13:00 GMT

1. Blackboard Bold font needed

2. Making Italic, Bold, and Bold-Italic versions of Symbol font

3. Code sample for Bolder bold fonts

4. How do I make Bolder Bold fonts?

5. Need help with PS code to embed font or download font(s) to printer

6. Need fonts.scale file for standard Adobe Type1 fonts

7. Symbol-Bold font?

8. conerting some single words into bold font style

9. Searching bold Symbol/Greek/Math font

10. Text Document and Bold and Font Size

11. looking for `microgramma bold extended' font

12. Pseudo-bolding font code