Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?
Author Message
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.

Fri, 05 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

: Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
: one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
: at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.

I've done such things. I don't know such program. But if the ps files
conform to the DSC, it is not difficult to write such applications.

--
Weichao Wang
Institute for Organic Chemistry

Sat, 06 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

Quote:

> Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
> one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
> at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.

Me too.  I'd also want a program that could combine several PS files
into one (which, along with psnup, would also solve the above problem).
Is there such a thing somewhere?

--
Tapani Tarvainen

Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

Quote:

> > Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
> > one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
> > at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.

> Me too.  I'd also want a program that could combine several PS files
> into one (which, along with psnup, would also solve the above problem).
> Is there such a thing somewhere?

> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

Depending on the files, try cat'ing them together, then pipe though
psnup.  It will work some of the time, and if you do a little header
striping, can work much of the time.

FWIW - Keith

Tue, 30 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

Quote:

> > > Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
> > > one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
> > > at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.

> > Me too.  I'd also want a program that could combine several PS files
> > into one (which, along with psnup, would also solve the above problem).
> > Is there such a thing somewhere?

> > --
> > Tapani Tarvainen

> Depending on the files, try cat'ing them together, then pipe though
> psnup.  It will work some of the time, and if you do a little header
> striping, can work much of the time.

> FWIW - Keith

Modify showpage so it reduces on the first pass and translates on the
second.
--
Many thanks,

  Don Lancaster

  Synergetics Press  3860 West First Street  Box 809  Thatcher, AZ 85552

  Visit my GURU's LAIR web site at http://www.tinaja.com

  Know your acronymns:  url = utterly rancid location
                        net = not entirely true
                        www = world wide wait

Sat, 04 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printing 2 separate files 2-up on one page?

Quote:

>> Is there any way print two (or more) separate postscript files on
>> one page? I've used psnup to print more than one page of ONE file
>> at a time, but I'd like to print from separate files.
>Me too.  I'd also want a program that could combine several PS files
>into one (which, along with psnup, would also solve the above problem).
>Is there such a thing somewhere?

You can print two different ps-files onto the same page using mpage-program
with the option -c (e.g. mpage -dp -2 -c -Pps temp1.ps temp2.ps).
mpage24.tgz is available at Sunsite (/system/printing/).
--
Juha Perkkio

Mon, 20 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files

2. Can subgraphs be printed on separated pages?

3. Newbie- How to Print two ps files on one page (windows 95)

4. Trying to combine two postscript print files into one duplex page

5. 2 PS files to print on ONE page

6. printing multiple ps files on one physical page.

7. Printing two ps files on one page

8. Re; Printing two ps files on one page

9. how to print multiple pages on one page

10. Printing Multiple Pages on One Page

11. Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS

12. Howto print 2 pages on one page