DSC & %%DocumentFonts:
Author Message
 DSC & %%DocumentFonts:

According to the 1985 Red Book, a DSC compliant document must contain a
%%DocumentFonts: statement.  (It doesn't call it DSC, though...)

Does this statement have to include fonts that are part of EPS files
that are included within the DSC compliant PS document?

-Paul

Mon, 08 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 DSC & %%DocumentFonts:

Quote:

>According to the 1985 Red Book, a DSC compliant document must contain a
>%%DocumentFonts: statement.  (It doesn't call it DSC, though...)

>Does this statement have to include fonts that are part of EPS files
>that are included within the DSC compliant PS document?

It's well worth getting the "new" red book (1990) which has expanded
the discussion of DSC tenfold.  It now recommends

%%DocumentNeededResources: font ...

which I think avoids the ambiguity in the original as the whether you
need to mention fonts which are self-contained in the EPS.

To be useful, an EPS embedder should collect together the resource
requirements of all the EPS files it embeds, and place them in the
header of the outer file.

Precious few programs handle this correctly, so far as I can see, but
I think Quark XPress has a go.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Tue, 09 Nov 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Landscape & DSC

2. HELP: Windows Driver & DSC

3. How to change a non-DSC ps file to DSC

4. Why does GhostScript 7.00 not understand %%DocumentFonts: ?

5. PS filter to download DocumentFonts?

6. empty %%DocumentFonts, is it legal?

7. Checking for DocumentFonts before printing

8. Mac&StyleScript&EPS&ClarisWorks&Ill7

9. DSC error

10. DSC 3.0 interpretation of #copies ....

11. Looking for free PS output filter that uses PDF's and DSC's

12. DSC, EPS, and GhostScript