Zapf Dingbat prints incorrectly
Author Message
 Zapf Dingbat prints incorrectly

Quote:

> When I insert a Zapf Dingbat 0165 (small square) into a Word document,
> it appears correctly in Word, but prints incorrectly to an HP LJ III
> postscript printer, and also to Acrobat Distiller 4.0. The wrong
> character appears in both cases.

> Is there a problem with this font, perhaps with the upper 128
> characters? Can the problem be fixed?

> Jesse

Assuming you are working with Type1 (PostScript) fonts and have ATM
installed,
I'd guess the .pfm file (wich contains the metrics and the encoding) is
broken.
As Zapf Dingats is a "symbolic" font, it must _not_ be re-encoded to
WinAnsiEncoding
as normal text fonts - i.e. the .pfm file must have the symbolic
encoding tag set.

Helge
--

Sun, 27 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Your dream dingbat font...

2. zapf dingbats

3. No Zapf-Dingbats in my Apple LaserWriter IIf ?

4. Zapf Dingbats Characters ReEncoding?

5. IIg and Zapf Dingbats (WAS: Listing Available Fonts...)

6. Zapf Dingbats & lwIIg problem

7. Zapf Dingbats

8. ps2pdf converts color incorrectly

9. IE5 Scopes Incorrectly