Postscript for perspective views of simple 3-D objects
Author Message
 Postscript for perspective views of simple 3-D objects

I am interested in whether anybody has come up with a way (C program or
postscript code) to produce a Postscript description of any specified view of
a collection of simple 3-D objects.  The kind of thing I have in mind is, for
example, a set of (possibly intersecting) spheres of different sizes to
represent the atoms in a molecule, or alternative representation of the same
system using a set of spheres connected by cylindrical rods to represent
chemical bonds.  I don't care (yet) about color or shading, I just need a way
to draw the outlines of all objects (and their intersections) as seen from a
specified point in space (and probably projected onto a specified view plane).
The big problems are (I think) the removal of hidden outlines and the
identification and drawing of curves of intersection.  Any insight via E-mail
or post would be appreciated.

Eric Henry

Sat, 22 Apr 1995 21:58:18 GMT

1. How to do perspective distorsions in PostScript?

2. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

3. SQL View (SIMPLE!!!) from VBSCRIPT

4. Simple Viewing Question

5. Graphic Perspective

6. characters in perspective

7. Viewing an Unknown Object

8. Viewing an Unknown Object

9. Viewing an Unknown Object

10. simple object viewer debugging tool.

11. simple object question !

12. simple question about dictionary object