Re; Printing two ps files on one page
Author Message
 Re; Printing two ps files on one page

Date: Mon, 7 Oct 91 07:37:49 PDT
From: weingart (Phil Weingart)

Subject: Re: Printing two ps files on one page
Newsgroups: comp.lang.postscript

Quote:

>>Hi,
>>Anyone know how to print two landscape postscript files on one
>>page. I generated those files using grap| pic| troff | dpost.

>Try inserting the statement

>gsave

>at the top of the combined file.
>find the 'showpage' between the first and second page and remove
>it.  Put 'grestore' in its place.  That should combine the
>two images.  But be aware that anything that overlays first image
>is going to wipe it out altogether.

The suggested changes would slap one image on top of the other in exactly the
same location.  If that's what you want, ok.  If you're after 2-up printing,
you have to do a little more work.

Go ahead and insert "gsave" as suggested above.  Add, immediately after,

90 rotate                     #rotate to portrait
-376 0 translate              #move the origin to the middle of the left margin
.5 .5 scale                   #shrink the image by 1/2 in two dimensions

Then remove the showpage as noted above, and add

grestore                #restore the original graphics state
gsave                   #save the graphics state again
90 rotate               #rotate to portrait
-792 0 translate        #move the origin to the lower left corner
.5 .5 scale             #shrink the image

And then, at the end of the job, locate "showpage" and preceed it with

grestore

I THINK this will work.  Any experienced postscript programmers out there
who want to correct my code or make improvements, I'm wide open for
suggestions.  Please.

/phil weingart
QMS Customer Technical Support

Sat, 26 Mar 1994 07:16:12 GMT

1. Newbie- How to Print two ps files on one page (windows 95)

2. Printing two ps files on one page

3. Merge Two Single Page PS documents into one Single Page PS Document

4. Trying to combine two postscript print files into one duplex page

5. : Utils for putting two PS files on one Page

6. how to print two pages into one page

7. Multiple PS files to one, one-page PS

8. splitting one big (~500 pages) ps file into small-ones - with delimiters in files

9. Printing two pages on one sheet

10. Summary: Printing two pages on one

11. Q: Using ghostview to print two pages on one

12. Printing two pages on one