Help with 'ps', how to print postscript centered on A3
Author Message
 Help with 'ps', how to print postscript centered on A3

Hi all,

I'm trying to print to my Minolta PagePro 9100 using Ghostscript. (I'm
on the Linux platform (Redhat 7.2)).
My Printer has A3 paper in it's bin, therefore I issue the following
command to print my ps file:

gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=a3 -sDEVICE=laserjet
-sOutputFile=\|lpr "$file" quit.ps

This gives me excellent output if my postscript file itself is also
A3. But If my Postscript's documentsize differs from A3, say 10x10",
ghostscript put's my file in the upperleft corner of the paper. It
even cut's of some of the edges.

I would like to center the Postscript in the middle of the page, like:

+--------------------+
|                    |
|                    |
|    +----------+    |
|    |    PS    |    |
|    +----------+    |
|                    |
|           A3 paper |
+--------------------+

Can somebody please help here, I have looked into the Ghostscript
documentation, manual pages, etc... But I'm puzzled here...

Many Thanks,

Harm de Laat
Informatiefabriek
The Netherlands

Mon, 27 Sep 2004 16:10:53 GMT
 Help with 'ps', how to print postscript centered on A3
You would need to calculate the position and use transform to change the
origin coordinates

Quote:
> Hi all,

> I'm trying to print to my Minolta PagePro 9100 using Ghostscript. (I'm
> on the Linux platform (Redhat 7.2)).
> My Printer has A3 paper in it's bin, therefore I issue the following
> command to print my ps file:

> gs -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -sPAPERSIZE=a3 -sDEVICE=laserjet
> -sOutputFile=\|lpr "$file" quit.ps

> This gives me excellent output if my Postscript file itself is also
> A3. But If my Postscript's documentsize differs from A3, say 10x10",
> ghostscript put's my file in the upperleft corner of the paper. It
> even cut's of some of the edges.

> I would like to center the Postscript in the middle of the page, like:

> +--------------------+
> |                    |
> |                    |
> |    +----------+    |
> |    |    PS    |    |
> |    +----------+    |
> |                    |
> |           A3 paper |
> +--------------------+

> Can somebody please help here, I have looked into the Ghostscript
> documentation, manual pages, etc... But I'm puzzled here...

> Many Thanks,

> Harm de Laat
> Informatiefabriek
> The Netherlands

Tue, 05 Oct 2004 11:56:15 GMT

1. bjc-5100 can't print ps files need help

2. Help: printer (brother HL-1020) doesn't print PS

3. HELP:Fonts won't print on level 1 PS printer

4. .ps file won't print - help!

5. HELP: Ghostscript can't print ps

6. HELP: Gostscript can't print ps file

7. Help with printing PC PageMaker's PS on Mac/LaserWriter

8. Printing Postscript Mac->Novell's HPIII via VAX - help

9. Here's some pre-debugged arithmetic in GAWK for centering eps

10. HP4500PS - PS file doesn't print

11. PS won't print on small paper size

12. needed: ps file that won't actually print