I'm looking for an utility that let me convert Postscrip files to PCL files for to print them in a HP printer and display those PCL files in a NeXT monitor and/or other divices.

If I could need something else for one of that tasks (HW/SW) please let me know it.

I will apreciate your help. Thanks

Carmen Isabel Reyes Peraza
Servicios de Informacion Escolar
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey. Campus Monterrey.

Tue, 12 Mar 1996 22:47:48 GMT
I'm posting this because no valid email address was given:

Quote:
>I'm looking for an utility that let me convert Postscrip files to PCL files for to print them in a HP printer and display those PCL files in a NeXT monitor and/or other divices.

>If I could need something else for one of that tasks (HW/SW) please let me know it.

You can use ghostscript to convert postscript to PCL - it has drivers
for most of the common HP printers, including the colour ones.

Displaying PCL is a rather unusual requirement, but if you get the
pbmplus suite, you may be able to use the pjtoppm filter (this should
work if you use the basic laserjet driver or the deskjet or pj/pjet
drivers, but may not work if you use a driver for a more recent printer
which implements better compression). This will allow you to generate a
ppm file, which you can display using a variety of public domain
packages (eg. xv or xloadimage), or you can use more of the pbmplus
utilities to convert it to another standard format.

Ghostscript is available by anonymous ftp from ftp.cs.wisc.edu
(128.105.8.18), and the pbmplus suite is available from eg.
wuarchive.wustl.edu (128.252.135.4) in directory
/graphics/graphics/packages/pbmplus

 Dept. BioMedical Physics
 Aberdeen University
 Foresterhill                    Fax:           +44 (0)224-685645
 Aberdeen AB9 2ZD                Telephone:     +44 (0)224-681818 ext 53195

Wed, 13 Mar 1996 02:06:45 GMT

1. hp dj812c and similar hp pcl

2. Need a HP PCL to PostScript converter.

3. HP PCL XL language ??

4. HP-PCL to PS

5. HP PCL Laser and ghostscript

6. PS to HP PCL

7. Postscript vs. HP's PCL

8. HELP HP-PCL to GIF or JPEG

9. How to get duplexed PostScript to print duplex for HP-PCL

10. Viewer for HP PCL format file

11. printing from Solaris to PCL HP on PC

12. gs4.03--converison to HP pcl?