Sending ASCII/HEX codes to printer??
Author Message
 Sending ASCII/HEX codes to printer??

How do I send a control code to the printer in postscript?  Specifically I
want to print to a different tray in the printer.. Can I do this with
postscript?

Sun, 04 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending ASCII/HEX codes to printer??

Quote:

>How do I send a control code to the printer in postscript?  Specifically I
>want to print to a different tray in the printer.. Can I do this with
>postscript?

Yes, but you have to edit the PostScript you send. PostScript is a
programming language, not a sequence of codes.

The sequence to send depends on the exact model of printer you have.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending ASCII/HEX codes to printer??

Quote:
> How do I send a control code to the printer in postscript?  Specifically I
> want to print to a different tray in the printer.. Can I do this with
> postscript?

Normally a postscript printer understands postscript commands to select
input/outputtrays, duplex mode, etc. But I think it depends on the
printer. Generally the postscript commands are located in the statusdict.
We're using an HP LaserJet 5Si, with a header like
---------------------------------------
%!
statusdict begin mark
true setduplexmode false settumble
0 setpapertray
0 setoutputtray
cleartomark end
---------------------------------------
you can adjust the modes. Modify this and try it with your printer,
perhaps it goes through.

I used a postscriptfile to determine which commands are understood by the
printer (statusdict, systemdict). If you're interested in, send me a short
email.

Good luck,
Ingo ...

Mon, 05 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Sending ASCII/HEX codes to printer??

Adobe does not specify any particular way to control printer hardware
features such as: duplexing, multi-tray selection, page stack order, etc.
The printer manufacturer (OEM) can implement these features any way they
want.

You should refre to the printer's documentation for the correct
code/syntax for selecting a paper tray or call the OEM's tech support.

HTH

Fri, 09 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

2. command in ASP/VBscript to convert date and time into a Hex code, ASCII code

3. Copy ASCII Codes to Network Printer does not Work Permison Error

4. Postscript:sending printer codes

5. hex to ascii function

6. hex code to character conversion

7. Converting hex value in str format to hex

8. special characters and ASCII code

9. Extracting ASCII code from Characters

10. Q: ASCII code for euro symbol ?

11. replace ascii codes

12. ascii code offset