Including a GIF picture in PS
Author Message
 Including a GIF picture in PS

Hi.

Does anybody know what is the easiest way to include a GIF picture in a
postscript page ? I know how it works with a JPEG file, but I need GIF
now.
One way would be to use the UNIX command gif2ps and then inlcude the
generated Postscript file in the target file.
Another way would be to convert the GIF file into a JPEG file in
advance, but that's definitely not the best way to do it.
Any other ideas would be appreciated very much.
Thank you.

Marcel W.

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:40:22 GMT
 Including a GIF picture in PS

Quote:

>Hi.

>Does anybody know what is the easiest way to include a GIF picture in a
>Postscript page ? I know how it works with a JPEG file, but I need GIF
>now.
>One way would be to use the UNIX command gif2ps and then inlcude the
>generated Postscript file in the target file.

That's the way, though EPS might be a better choice (perhaps gif2ps
makes valid EPS).

Quote:
>Another way would be to convert the GIF file into a JPEG file in
>advance, but that's definitely not the best way to do it.

No, that would be disastrous for image quality.

Visit http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,
PSAlter, psalters, tea, and small {*filter*} animals. And stuff.

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:56:08 GMT

1. Including gif or jpeg in PS

2. PS 2 various (gif included)

3. Including GIF into (E)PS-file, how?

4. Text in gif or bmp pictures!!!

5. create multi href with .gif picture

6. gif->ps->gif

7. How to include PostScript pictures in troff?

8. Including Mac pictures in Latex?

9. Including a postcript picture to a postcript document

10. how to include existing picture in postcript file

11. Including EPS picture - help!

12. Trying to do a dynamic include of a picture