Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si
Author Message
 Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si

--
Per H. Lange           | CBA A/S               |

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si
(Sorry for posting this so many times but I have problems with
 this newsreader).
----------

Hi, I have been spending a lot of time trying to get our
HP Laserjet 4si (with HP postscript) to use the lower papertray
when printing postscript output but without success.
According to the manual I should set the value of the
'setpapertray' operator to 1.  This is a userdict operator
which HP has added to the standard ones. The command which I add
to the top of the output (after the %%EndProlog comment)
(I am using a2ps to create my output) is:

  userdict begin 1 setpapertray end

This should do what I am trying to do, but the only thing which happens
is that the printer blinks it's ready light for a while, turns on
the Form Feed light for about 10 seconds and then does nothing.

So, what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks
  Steinthor

--
Per H. Lange           | CBA A/S               |

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si

Thu, 09 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT
 Selecting lower papertray on a HP laserjet 4si

Quote:
>(Sorry for posting this so many times but I have problems with
> this newsreader).
>----------
>Hi, I have been spending a lot of time trying to get our
>HP Laserjet 4si (with HP postscript) to use the lower papertray
>when printing postscript output but without success.
>According to the manual I should set the value of the
>'setpapertray' operator to 1.  This is a userdict operator
>which HP has added to the standard ones. The command which I add
>to the top of the output (after the %%EndProlog comment)
>(I am using a2ps to create my output) is:
>  userdict begin 1 setpapertray end
>This should do what I am trying to do, but the only thing which happens
>is that the printer blinks it's ready light for a while, turns on
>the Form Feed light for about 10 seconds and then does nothing.
>So, what am I doing wrong ?

PostScript Error....

Turn on the PostScript error logging on the printers console. The right
paper selection commands should be:

statusdict begin 1 setpapertray end

Regards,
Poul Moller
--
--- Poul Moller                    Telephone:    +45 - 45 93 51 00
    DimatriX ApS                   FAX:          +45 - 45 93 51 11

    DK-2800 Lyngby, Denmark        or   ...!uunet!dimatrix.dk!poul

Fri, 10 Oct 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. HP Laserjet statusdicts for papertray selection

2. HP Laserjet 4si & 5si drivers for Ghostscript

3. Trouble Printing to a HP LaserJet 4SI MX printer

4. Memory leak in HP LaserJet 4Si MX?

5. Duplex printing on HP LaserJet 4si-MX

6. Duplex Printing on HP LaserJet 4Si

7. PPD for HP laserjet 4si

8. Postscript w/HP Laserjet 4Si

9. PPD file for HP LaserJet 4si

10. Postscript Error in HP Laserjet 4Si MX

11. select papertray HP LJ

12. HP 4M and 4Si Postscript Bug: HP response